Re: error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found

From: Mikey G
Subject: Re: error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 02:22:36 -0800 (PST)

Well, I didn't uninstall Octave 3.2 before I installed 3.4, so I did

sudo apt-get --purge autoremove octave

then I did

sudo make uninstall

to uninstall 3.4

Then I reinstalled via configure, make, then tested with ./run-octave to see
if I could reproduce the error.  I could plot the above example, but now I
get the same error when I try simple stats functions, such as:

octave:14> x=[1:10];
octave:15> mean(x)
error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found

I checked for an octaverc file to follow your second recommendation, but i
couldn't find one.

Any other ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks for the help!