Re: problem plotting "N-d object"

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: problem plotting "N-d object"
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:35:37 -0800 (PST)

>________________________________

I meant my high school geometry background.

Anyway, in 'octave':

"
octave:11> foo = [1 2 3; 4 5 6]
foo =

   1   2   3
   4   5   6

octave:12> size(foo(:, 1))
ans =

   2   1

octave:13> size(foo(1, :))
ans =

   1   3

octave:14> isvector(foo(:, 1))
ans =  1
octave:15> isvector(foo(1, :))
ans =  1
octave:16>

".

My point is that an originally 2-d object with any one of the two indexes
fixed/constant is perceived by 'octave' as 1-d object - either as row or column
vector, but as _vector_. Exactly as I expect.

And that's why I expected from 'octave' to perceive an originally 3-d object
with two fixed/constant indexes as 1-d vector. Probably as a column one because
I feel that overall 'octave' is friendlier to column vectors.

Thanks,
  Sergei.