Re: mkoctfile and OpenMP

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: mkoctfile and OpenMP
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:22:06 +0200

El día 16 de abril de 2012 16:39, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> escribió:
> 2012/4/16 José Luis García Pallero <address@hidden>:
>> I'm trying to compile an *.oct file containing some OpenMP issues but
>> mkoctfile does not recognices the -fopenmp option for activate OpenMP
>> in gcc:
>
> Sigh, people keep trying to pass compiler options to mkoctfile. We
> really should figure out a good interface to do this without breaking
> current mkoctfile use. What do you suggest? That we pass all
> unrecognised options? To what? To the compiler or to the linker?

Mmmm..., if -Wall and other warning flags, -I, -L, -l and -D are
recognized by mkocfile, why not -f options and -O options?

> Right now, you can use the environment variables CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and
> LDFLAGS to pass options to the C compiler, C++ compiler, or linker,
> respectively.

OK, I didn't know that mkoctfile recognizes CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS nor
LDFLAGS. I will use them. Should I suppose that when I use pkg()
function from Octave this CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS are recognized
and used too?

> HTH,
> - Jordi G. H.

José Luis García Pallero