Re: interactive octave tutorial

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: interactive octave tutorial
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:32:07 +0100

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
The tutorial I have seen so far are static (please correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe it would be more engaging for student if things would be interactive.

I thought a bit this morning how such things could be coded. You can look at it here:
http://gher-diva.phys.ulg.ac.be/MatlabOctaveTutorial/. For each exercise, one has to define only some tags with the questions/hint/solution and octave code (see for example http://gher-diva.phys.ulg.ac.be/MatlabOctaveTutorial/index.txt).

Jaya: thank you very much for your offer!
Maybe other people are interested to contribute octave/matlab exercises with solution.

Are there any suggestions how one could centralize contributions? Would it be ok to use the octave-forge svn server (for example the path octave-forge/doc/InteractiveTutorial) or would it be better to setup a new project?

Since some students use matlab (and since many of my colleagues use matlab), it would be great if the tutorial would use the common subset of octave and matlab syntax.

Cheers,
Alex