Re: issues with facealpha and different image formats

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: issues with facealpha and different image formats
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:00:17 -0500

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Francesco De Vita <address@hidden> wrote:
> It would work if you use cairo-based gnuplot terminals.
> So after
>  graphics_toolkit ("gnuplot")
> add the line
>  setenv("GNUTERM", "wxt")
>
> Also when printing use
> "-dpngcairo", or "-depscairo", or "-dpdfcairo"

Thank you for your help, it worked.

But now there's another problem with plot annotations. Let's say I want
an x axis label with an italic font:
> xlabel('text here','fontname','Arial_Italic','fontsize',14)

if I print the figure with "-dpng" it shows the correct font, but with
"-dpngcairo" it doesn't. Also, whatever fontname I set, it prints the
figure using the same default font.

The cairo terminals do not support font attributes (bold, italics, etc...), yet.
To specify font in the output file you could use "-FFont:Size"
option, where font is any TTF available. E.g.

print('test1.png', '-dpngcairo', '-FDejaVuSansCondensed:14')

Dmitri.