Re: firls.m, part 2

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: firls.m, part 2
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 08:39:42 -0700

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 05:03:39 +0000, je suis wrote:
> The day starts busy for me, but by tonight I should have done most, if
> not all. I've skimmed over the linked expint.m, but I see the same
> Numerical Recipes influence (even if it is Fortran). If all it takes
> is a modification of the code to not make it look like it has been
> adapted, then it should be fine, since, how many ways can you
> reinterpret A&S formulas? If not, the first one that makes a program
> out of A&S holds dominion over everyone. Maybe I'm too convoluted
> right now. Also, if I find a way to improve the linked expint.m script
> (unlikely, but you never know), is it alright to do so?

My main point was that expint has already been updated in Octave, and
you have been working with an older revision of the function. So please
test your firls function against the current expint to see if it works
for you. If there are any remaining problems with the current expint,
yes of course, we would be happy if you report a bug and help fix it if
you can.

--
mike