help-rcs

Re: Porting from RCS to Clearcase

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Porting from RCS to Clearcase
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:20:44 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
> I am trying to port RCS controlled application to Clearcase.
> The RCS controlled versions are in ISC(ICAD source control).Please help me
> by giving some leads on this so that i can research further.
> The editor used inis Emacs for RCS

I do not think asking on help-rcs is a good place to get help about
clearcase.  You might try finding a clearcase help list and asking
your question there.

RCS files are used as the underlying backend store in CVS.  If you can
find a CVS to ClearCase converter then you could probably restructure
your RCS repository to look like a CVS repository and then use the CVS
conversion process to convert to another revision control system.

Bob