help-shishi

Re: installation configure script says "Cannot find libgcrypt"

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Re: installation configure script says "Cannot find libgcrypt"
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 14:59:01 +0200

Saturday den 10 October 2015 klockan 10:27 skrev Test User detta:

> > It was added in version 1.6.0, so it is useless for detection uses!
>
> Actually, since the value of an un#defined macro is 0, my proposed test
> will work whether GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER is defined or not. Even if it
> did not work, it would be easy to make it work:
>
> #if defined(GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER)
> #elif defined(GCRY_MODULE_ID_USER)
> #endif
>
> As you say, it has been fixed, but there is a problem.

The file is not out of our own hand, since we import it
from Gnulib.  Therefore we have to get any change accepted
there, which I did achieve with a use of the preferred
macro mechanism published by the upstream Gcrypt project.

For a local build any working patch is usable, but our
design choice is to base a fair amount of code on Gnulib.

Thanks for reporting this issue,
  M E Andersson