help-shishi

Re: installation configure script says "Cannot find libgcrypt"

From: Test User
Subject: Re: installation configure script says "Cannot find libgcrypt"
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:27:38 +0000 (UTC)

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson <at> gisladisker.se> writes:

> Fedag den 11 september 2015, klockan 22:57, skrev Test User detta:

[snip]

> > I don't know why they did not use GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER in the first
> > place. Perhaps that constant did not exist at that time.
>
> It was added in version 1.6.0, so it is useless for detection uses!

Actually, since the value of an un#defined macro is 0, my proposed test
will work whether GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER is defined or not. Even if it
did not work, it would be easy to make it work:

#if defined(GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER)
#elif defined(GCRY_MODULE_ID_USER)
#endif

As you say, it has been fixed, but there is a problem.

Regards
Test User