Re: [Help-smalltalk] 'Lost interrupt' - found

From: kraehe
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] 'Lost interrupt' - found
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:55:07 +0000

Moin Paolo Bonzini,

> Great, thanks to both.

  coprocessing to work work as a socket server will benefit more
  applications than only MUD servers ... GST needs more applications.

> Michael (kraehe) if there are any parts that you want to move to the
> kernel, e.g. portability fixes or bug fixes, be sure to tell me asap.

  You might notice the [ Processor activeProcess suspend ], if you look at
  www.copyleft.de/OrbitMUD/MUD-GST-loader.st script. The server does not
  start, as long as the REPL forground process is active. Any yield will
  process pending interupts once, but it would be nice to have both the
  REPL and the MUD up and running. I might just miss the method name here.

> Here's a rewritten one whose methods are GPL because I wrote it. If you
> need any more missing methods, take them from GST which is also (L)GPL.

  thanks for those methods, i'll update my MUD-Compat.st after lunch. I guess,
  that GST 2.1.12 or a later version wont require loading this file anymore.

> !Integer methodsFor: 'converting'!
>
> asString
>    ^self printString
> ! !
>
> !String methodsFor: 'converting'!
>
> capitalized
>    ^self copyEmpty
>        at: 1 put: (self at: 1) asUppercase;
>       replaceFrom: 2 to: self size with: self startingAt: 2;
>       yourself!
>
> withBlanksTrimmed
>    ^self trimSeparators
> ! !
>
> !CharacterArray class methodsFor: 'instance creation'!
>
> crlf
>    ^self with: Character cr with: Character lf
> ! !
>

> !SequenceableCollection class methodsFor: 'instance creation'!
>
> newFrom: aCollection
>    ^self withAll: aCollection
> ! !

ciao,Michael