Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Magritte-Seaside and validation errors

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Magritte-Seaside and validation errors
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 10:52:16 +0200

> I get  #(false false false true false false false true) in Pharo
> #10126 (that's an old version).

Interesting.  I'll dig the standard to understand who's right and then
maybe post on the squeak ML.

> The validation code is really ugly. It started out simple, but then
> got incredibly complicated and fragile over time. I already fixed many
> bugs that appeared in edge cases. Maybe we should instead just try to
> fix Magritte instead?

Yes, I'll try to make a patch to Magritte to use the last case, that
is using "ex resume: ex outer" instead of "ex pass", and see if it
fixes Magritte-Seaside.

In the meanwhile can you add a testcase to Magritte exercising this
problem somehow (i.e. emulating what Magritte-Seaside does)?