Colons in indices

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Colons in indices
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 17:24:06 +0200

Hello list,

After wondering whether it is a bug or not that colons are not allowed
in index entries, I found out (in the Texinfo manual) that it is not a
bug, but a well-known restriction.

I ran into that problem because I was trying to get the function index
for the Guile Reference Manual working.  Guile has a lot of accessor
procedures called `stat:size', `status:exit-val etc.  They are
properly entered into the index, but cannot be accessed, neither in
Emacs' info mode nor in standalone info.

Is there any known workaround?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
  'martin