[help-texinfo] Re: [ #136509] broken links

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: [ #136509] broken links
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:04:30 +0100

>>> "Corey" == Corey Goldberg via RT <address@hidden> writes:

 Corey> Hi.. this was reported to GNU Webmasters a while
 Corey> back.. can someone take care of this when possible.
 Corey> thanks!

 >> Hi, you have some broken links in the documentation for automake.
 >> in this page
 >> Shared-Library.html#A%20Shared%20Library the link to the libtool
 >> introduction is broken.
 >> in this page
 >> Concept.html#Libtool%20Concept the link to "AC_PROG_LIBTOOL" is
 >> broken and also the link to "using libltdl" there may be others,
 >> these are just the one I have come across so far.

I don't know what we could do about this.

 - we do not have access to the pages and do not know
   who generated the automake manual there (it seems to be
   updated occasionally)

 - this seems to be a problem with the URLs makeinfo generates
   for cross-referenced manuals: it assumes all manuals lie
   in the same directory.  I don't know how people usually deal
   with this.  Maybe someone on help-texinfo@ can offer a hint.

Alexandre Duret-Lutz