Re: [help-texinfo] RE: bibtex

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] RE: bibtex
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:45:54 +0100 (MET)

Knuth goes into this subject somewhere in the _TeXbook_.
If memory serves, he says that if one really wants
underlining, it's better to use a
special font where the underlines are included in the glyphs.  I had a
project where I needed to use underlining, and my experience bears
this out.  I didn't find any of the other solutions really
satisfactory.  Does anyone know if someone's gone ahead and done this for
Computer Modern?