help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD

From: Paul R. Bernard
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD
Date: 23 Apr 2001 16:12:11 -0400

Christoph Scheurer <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I read somewhere that it is possible to create multi-track SVCD's
> without these delays. Is that also possible with vcdimager? I couldn't find an
> answer to this question in the mailing list archive.

I've recently seen a thread about this in the http://www.vcdhelp.com
forums.  I can't give precise information for finding the thread at
the moment, I can't get to the site.

The synopsis was that there was the correct way of providing DVD like
"chapters" and a way to do it by playing games with the .cue file and
avoid the delays.  The second way was not standards compliant and
would only work on some players.

You made one mpg file with all the tracks concatenated together and
make a note of the "start" times of each of the tracks and add
additional lines to your .cue file with this information.  (Similarly
to making a Disc at Once CD-DA disc.

There was a description of how to do it right.  This would have to be
done by vcdimager I think and I don't know if the description was
precise enough to implement.

- paul