help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Help Compiling vcdimager

From: Karl and Tanya Pizzolatto
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Help Compiling vcdimager
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:12:40 -0400

Hmmm... Well, I can't even try this out as I reinstalled slackware this morning (had other problems, and I was running slackware 8.1RC1).

At any rate, I suspected this was flakiness caused by using a release candidate or something I hosed up while messing with it.

Here is the text of a solution to a similar problem I found on with a dejanews (google groups) search; maybe it'll help:

I discovered the answer...for some reason, in the /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/include directory there was a recursive symbolic link: sys -> sys I removed it and created a new symbolic link, sys -> /usr/include/sys (although I probably did not need to since /usr/include/sys is part of the path.)

I'm not sure how to interpret headers from this mailing list, but it appears you replied to this post directly to my email address. Please address email to the mailing list so all can share and enjoy. If that's what you did, sorry for griping.

Karl and Tanya Pizzolatto.