help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Dazed and Confused

From: Chris Hawks
Subject: [VCDImager] Dazed and Confused
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:34:48 -0500 (EST)

Cool software!

    I'm trying to burn VCDs for my antique CD-i player (Memorex 2200 or Phillips
CDI205).

    I downloaded and burned the demovcd-ntsc files and they work great
8^), but, if I burn files that I create myself, the CD-i player appears to
load correctly (the play cd-i button appears). When I 'play' the cd, the
screen changes to light blue and then black (normal) and after a few
seconds returns to blue and then the opening screen. It's like the video
played, but, I saw nothing.

    I even tried ripping the demovcd and using avseq09 (South Park) to
make a CD, but, got the same result.

    Any ideas, pointers, etc? I'd like to be able to move my video
camera's tapes to VCD, but, won't spend money for a frame-grabber 'til I
know I can make CDs that I can view.

BTW: I'm running under Linux using vcdimager-07.11 (same as created the
demo) and cdrdao-1.1.5

                                Chris

Christopher R. Hawks Software Engineer
Syscon Plantstar a Division of Syscon International
By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since
sliced bread.
    -- Vance Petree, Virginia Power