help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] subtitle problem with custom xml description.

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] subtitle problem with custom xml description.
Date: 29 Jul 2002 09:12:52 +0200

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 09:01, Andreas Boman wrote:
> I have a mpeg2 stream with 2 audio tracks, and one subtitle track (created
> with gpal,vob2sub,submux). I want to put this on a (x)svcd with a few other
> items. The subtitles work fine if I just create an image using something
> like: vcdimager -t svcd file1.mpg file2.mpg etc. When I use the attached xml
> description, to enable 'chapter skips', menu's etc the subtitles dont work
> anymore while everything else does work as expected. I'm using cvs vcdimager
> from today, and as far as I can tell vcddebug does 'find' a subtitle track
> for the sequence item in question.
> xml desctription and vcddebug output are attached to this mail.

there seems to be a problem with some players' firmware, when SVCD
subtitles and PBC is used at the same time; which player do you have?

(using 'vcdimager -t svcd' does the same as if you'd create a svcd with
vcdxbuild and a XML description not containing a <pbc> section...)

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key