help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] subtitle problem with custom xml description.

From: Andreas Boman
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] subtitle problem with custom xml description.
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:01:57 -0500

On 29 Jul 2002 09:12:52 +0200
Herbert Valerio Riedel <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

> there seems to be a problem with some players' firmware, when SVCD
> subtitles and PBC is used at the same time; which player do you have?

I have an Apex 5131, so far it has been able to play pretty much everything
(within reason) that I have thrown at it. I have a 'CVD' with cvd-type
subtitles and some kind of pbc i suspect, as it does do 'chapter skips'.
However i didn't create that disc. I will vcdxrip it and see how it looks.

> (using 'vcdimager -t svcd' does the same as if you'd create a svcd with
> vcdxbuild and a XML description not containing a <pbc> section...)

Ofcourse.  I will make a smaller mpeg and see if I can track down what the
problem is more exactly.

Thanks for a great piece of free software, and your quick reply.
        andreas