hydra-users

Re: Emacs on Hydra

From: Christian Ohler
Subject: Re: Emacs on Hydra
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 16:39:38 -0400

Ludovic Courtès, 2011-04-30:

I think I’ve fixed it by passing ‘--x-libraries’ and ‘--x-includes’ to
‘configure’ but we’ll have to wait for the Darwin build result.

Thanks, looks like it works on Darwin now. I think it would be best to add --with-ns on Darwin to build Emacs with a Mac UI rather than X UI.

Also, the build on cygwin and freebsd is broken now; on cygwin, it says libungif and libtiff are broken, and on freebsd, freetype is broken. Can we just remove these dependencies on those platforms?

Thanks,
Christian.