Re: [igraph] weighted graph

From: Simone Gabbriellini
Subject: Re: [igraph] weighted graph
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:37:44 +0200

well Gabor,

I think the count.multiple() function will rocks, but in the meantime, your code solved my problems!

thank you,
Simone

Il giorno 29/ago/07, alle ore 20:12, Csardi Gabor ha scritto:

Simone,

it seems to be easy to determine the multiplicity of the edges in
an edge list, but all i can think of is converting the edge list
to a character vector by making "i j" from an i j edge. You need to
be sure that i<=j for every edge. This is always true if the edgelist
is created by get.edgelist. So it is something like:

g <- graph( c(0,1,0,1,0,1,0,2,0,2), dir=FALSE)
el <- get.edgelist(g)
el <- apply(el, 1, function(x) paste(x, collapse=" "))
el <- table(el)
el2 <- as.numeric(unlist(strsplit(names(el), " ")))
el3 <- unname(el)
g2 <- graph(el2, dir=is.directed(g))
E(g2)$weight <- el3
print(g2, e=T)
Vertices: 3
Edges: 2
Directed: FALSE
Edges and their attributes:
           weight
[0] 0 -- 1      3
[1] 0 -- 2      2

Actually there is a count.multiple function in the development branch
of igraph, that could make things much easier.

Hope this helps,
Gabor