Re: [igraph] "weights" in walktrap.community

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] "weights" in walktrap.community
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:29:14 +0100

Hi Sylvain,

I'm not sure to understand how works the "weights" argument in the
walktrap.community function. Are two vertices more closely connected as the weight increase, or the opposite? And should the weight be expressed
between 0 and 1, or with any numeric value ?
The implementation we use in igraph is the same as the original authors of the paper published on the Internet:

According to my understanding, the weights can be arbitrary positive values and larger weights mean closer connections.