Re: [igraph] how to add properties to node

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] how to add properties to node
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:29:57 +0100

Hi Simone,

I think that the .net format does not support arbitrary custom attributes, just a few predefined ones (I might be wrong, however). The ones supported by the igraph reader are documented here:

http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/doc/html/igraph_read_graph_pajek.html

I'd recommend the GraphML or the more light-weight GML format to store numeric or string attributes along with your graph. Alternatively, you can use Python's pickle module to serialize an igraph Graph object and store it on disk; however, the pickled graph can only be "unpickled" by Python.