Re: [igraph] Cygwin -> Windows compilation - again.

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Cygwin -> Windows compilation - again.
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:00:48 +0000

I tried moving around the order of the
command line arguments.  Amazingly it worked; the program
compiles and runs fine from Cygwin.
:-o Just for the record, can you please post the order of the arguments that worked in the end?

I ran Dependency Walker on the program and found that the program
needs CYGIGRAPH-0.DLL with or without the -mno-cygwin flag.
This is the igraph library itself and you cannot get rid of this dependency as long as you link to the igraph dynamic library (i.e., you simply use -ligraph). I don't know if it can be linked statically to your main program in Cygwin, but I guess it should. Do you have anything in igraph's src/.libs subdirectory that ends in .lib or .a instead of .dll? If so, try linking to that file directly (i.e., by including the full path of it in the gcc command line as if it were a source file) and remove "-ligraph" from the command line. Please let us know if it worked.