[igraph] Igraph and SONIA

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: [igraph] Igraph and SONIA
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:44:19 +0200

Dear All,
I am not experienced at all about the various formats for storing networks, but someone told me that the SONIA format is quite common for visualizing/representing dynamical networks. I found several online resources telling how to save an igraph graph in the SONIA format, e.g.

http://bit.ly/fTqhQ and
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/igraphtosonia/

but can I also go the other way around (reading a graph stored in the SONIA format as an igraph graph)? Or am I asking a question which does not make sense as igraph would (perhaps) have troubles in dealing with nodes/edges specified as having a finite lifetime?
Many thanks

Lorenzo