Re: [igraph] Building a graph from a picture

From: Jacob van Etten
Subject: Re: [igraph] Building a graph from a picture
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 00:29:53 +0100

It is clear what you want now.

The crucial bit -- converting raster data to network representations
-- is a spatial task and therefore more appropriate for the
r-sig-spatial list.

I don´t think this operation is trivial. You might try gdistance
(R-Forge) to do this, working with rasters only. However, this will
work with small rasters only.

I am not aware of any package that assigns nodes to road segments
based on raster data, but r-sig-spatial members might help you
further.

Jacob.