Re: [igraph] How to find out whether a graph follows Guassian (normal) o

From: Gang Su
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to find out whether a graph follows Guassian (normal) or power law distribution without looking at their shape?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:43:13 -0500

There's a function in igraph that does power law fit for degree distribution.

Best wishes,

Gang Su

Bioinformatics PhD candidate
Statistics MA
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Michigan 48109

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM, shahab <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi ,

Maybe this question is not directly related to "igraph", but since  I
am iGraph user, I thought maybe I could start from here:
My question is if you have a graph file (in some format) How you can
find out whether a graph follows Guassian (normal) or power law
distribution without  looking at their shape and just by measuring
some properties?
or what is (in/out) degree distribution without looking at their
shape? are there any metrics that someone can measure and say for
example, is not power-law??

Any comment or reference is appreciated.

thanks,
/Shahab