[igraph] Help for transitivity vs clustering

From: Charlotte Bernard
Subject: [igraph] Help for transitivity vs clustering
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:31:28 +0100

Dear igraph users,

I'm a new user of graph therory. I don't really understand the difference between clustering coefficient and transitivity. I have read a lot things about that and I see no consensus about it. Some authors don't make a difference between the two metrics, others do! In the study of brain network, Rubinov and Sporns (2010) differenciate the two metrics but I don't see a paper which uses transitivity to describe the networks.
In my study, I observed a loss of transvitivity in my patients' group whereas the clustering is not different.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot,
All the best
C.