Re: [igraph] igraph-help Digest, Vol 93, Issue 6

From: Bian, Jiang
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph-help Digest, Vol 93, Issue 6
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 16:21:14 +0000

Thanks for the reply!

> Define "handle". igraph can "handle" these graphs, in the sense that it can
read/write/manipulate them. It just cannot calculate _everything_ on them.

For my purpose, obviously, it’s the calculations that matter to me. So, handle
means handle the calculations. Sorry for being not clear.

> And you'll never find any piece of software that can.

Some of the new graph-parallel processing systems (such as Graphlab’s
PowerGraph, Apache’s Giraph, etc.) can, but they are just not as complete as
igraph. For example, Graphlab only has PageRank and Triangle Counting
implemented.

So, I guess I am on my own to implement all the calculations in one of the HPC
frameworks. I was trying to avoided it, since it wasn’t really the goal of my
study.

Thanks,

Jiang

message.