Re: [igraph] igraph-help Digest, Vol 93, Issue 6

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph-help Digest, Vol 93, Issue 6
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 21:06:02 +0200

> So, I guess I am on my own to implement all the calculations in one of the
> HPC frameworks. I was trying to avoided it, since it wasn't really the goal
> of my study.
Probably it isn’t of much help to you, but I remember that once I reviewed a
paper about a network analysis package that was specifically designed for dense
brain networks and it implemented betweenness centrality. The benchmarks of the
authors showed that it performed better than igraph on brain networks, which is
of course no surprise since the package used adjacency matrices to store the
networks instead of indexed edge lists (like igraph does). Unfortunately I
remember neither the name of the package nor the journal it appeared in, but at
least there’s some hope for you that someone else has tackled the problem
already.

T.