[igraph] plot() in python-igraph not giving graphic

From: Stuti Rastogi
Subject: [igraph] plot() in python-igraph not giving graphic
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:37:46 +0530

Hello,

I am struggling with the plot() function in python-igraph on Ubuntu 12.04. I wish to get a graph like the one attached with the plot function (this has been created by igraph plot itself so I know it can be done).

I have installed igraph 0.7 and also PyCairo

address@hidden:~$ sudo apt-get install python-cairo
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-cairo is already the newest version.

In the ipython shell:

In [1]: import igraph, cairo

In [2]: from igraph, cairo import *
  File "<ipython-input-2-f56545cfa77e>", line 1
    from igraph, cairo import *
               ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

In [3]: from igraph import *

In [4]: from cairo import *

In [5]: g = Graph([(0,1), (1,2), (0,2)])

In [6]: summary(g)
IGRAPH U--- 3 3 --

In [7]: plot(g)
Out[7]: <igraph.drawing.Plot at 0xb56a014c>

In [8]:

So here, I can see that a Plot object has been created but how do I view it? Shouldn't it give a graphic visualisation as well?

Please help me, as this part is crucial for my project and I have been struggling a while.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Stuti Rastogi