[igraph] Bipartite_projection function

From: Hasan Guclu
Subject: [igraph] Bipartite_projection function
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:42:38 -0400

Hi igraph’ers,

My question is about bipartite_projection function in Python. I have a
bipartite network with a small and large group of nodes as the partitions. I’d
like to make the projection onto the smaller set so I don’t need the other one.
But, unfortunately, this network is huge and since the function is creating
both projections, my 32GB of RAM is not enough. I think the parameter ‘which’
is not any more but I also heard the new version has it now but python
interface does not have it yet. Is this true? Should I just wait for it or try
to write my own projection function? Thank you in advance for your comments.

Hasan Guclu
University of Pittsburgh