Re: Anyone hear from RMS?

From: Mahesh T. Pai
Subject: Re: Anyone hear from RMS?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:33:15 +0530

Tami Friedman said on Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 10:54:43PM -0500,:

 > There is news of an earthquake in Peru.  Has anyone heard from RMS?
 > According
 > to RMS-travel, he's en route from Lima to Chimbote with Mario Ramos "sometime
 > on Aug. 15".
 > Please let me know ASAP by phone (512) 699-7175 any time.
 > Fetchmail is wonderful, but is not prompt.

The place is 420 KM NORTH of Lima[1].

Earthquake has hit parts of Peru, towards South of Lima[2].

This is certainly a major natural disaster. Let us pray for the dead;
and pray for the surviving and injured - they have a tough time ahead.

Also see

The epicenter is 265 KM south of Lima.

 Mahesh T. Pai <<>>
``Those willing to give up a little liberty for a
little security deserve neither security nor liberty''