info-gnuprologjava

[Info-gnuprologjava] Google Summer of Code

From: Simon
Subject: [Info-gnuprologjava] Google Summer of Code
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:26:30 +0100

Hi there,
I am hoping to contribute to GNU for my Google Summer of Code project,
and thought that your branch of the company seemed interesting and
challenging to work in.

I am a second year computer scientist studying at the University of St.
Andrews.

I have programming skills in Java, Python, C, Haskell, HTML, Javascript,
MIPS32 assembly and some in CLISP. I do not know any Prolog, but have
been wanting to get into it for a while, and this seems like the perfect
opportunity. I have experience in implementing programming languages
through a project for my university which involved creating a C-syntax,
strongly and dynamically typed turtle graphics language in Haskell.

I thought that implementing part two of the ISO standard (Modules)
looked like as good a choice as any for the project.

Would someone in your team be able to give me some pointers for writing
up a project proposal? If you have any other questions to see if I would
be a suitable candidate, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Simon Brand