problem configuring xemacs gnus on windows

From: fesio aka franck
Subject: problem configuring xemacs gnus on windows
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:53 -0000

Hello everybody,

I 've been trying to use xemacs gnus for few hours and I currently wonder if
it was a good idea since I couldn't configure it properly.

Here is the steps I have done :

1°) Unpack the emacs-21.3-bin-i386.tar.gz distribution in my C:\Program
Files\Xemacs\ directory
2°) Add the following line to my existing conf\x-init.el file :
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "foo.bar.com"))
where foo.bar.com is set properly to news.free.fr
I precise that my news server does not require authentification.

I get the following errors some time after the "loading gnus-agent...done" :

(1) (stream/warning) cannot get IP address for host "news"
(2) (stream/warning) failure to open network stream to host "news" for
service nntp

Even if i have not found any information on google nor in
http://my.gnus.org/ site, tutorials and FAQs that match my errors, I hope
someone is able to get around this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Franck.