Re: recoding messages to latin1+html when posting to yahoo groups?

From: James Leifer
Subject: Re: recoding messages to latin1+html when posting to yahoo groups?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:05:50 +0100

Katsumi,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I think that I need something different, though.  It's probably my
fault for not being clearer...

I'm pasting in to the emails text files in utf8 and my emacs
technology for generating accented characters is also based on utf8.

What I want is for the utf8 message to be forcably recoded to latin1
when posting, i.e. for there to be some kind of mime-to-mime
transformation that takes the message and changes the charset.

To make the problem simpler, we can assume that all the characters I
use in utf8 have a valid representation in latin1.

Is there support for this kind of thing?

Thank you again,
James