IMAP closing connection after inactivity

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: IMAP closing connection after inactivity
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:06:03 +0100

I have the same problem as the article I link and reproduce below. Is
there a way to get Gnus to keep an IMAP session open without using a
daemon to check for all new messages regularly?

http://osdir.com/ml/emacs.gnus.user/2006-02/msg00133.html

,----
| Subject:      Gnus closing imap connection
newsreader \(in English\)" <info-gnus-english.gnu.org>

`----