Re: Saving an Excel sheet someone sent me

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Saving an Excel sheet someone sent me
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:56:11 +0000

Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE> writes:

>> After reading it more carefully I don't know if this is a problem of the
>> documentation (a simple "@cindex attachments" would fix it) or a problem
>> of `o' not really being designed for the purpose of saving attachments
>> (but which _can_ do it, eventually.)
>
> You could of course say that I'm the problem, not the manual *or* the
> code. :)
>
> If an index entry could point to more than one place, like in a book, I
> think the best way would be to have an index entry pointing both to
> "Saving Articles" and "MIME" parts of the manual, or have two
> entries.

AFAIU the same index entry cannot point both to "Saving Articles" and
"MIME" because "Emacs-MIME" is a separate manual.  So we can have two
"@cindex attachments" but it won't really be the same... and `i' in one
of the two manuals will just jump to the entries defined in *this*
manual.

> That way a 's' would find it just like 'i' does.

Yes.  I think a simple "@cindex attachment" in the "Saving Articles"
section would already be an improvement.

--
Bastien