Re: limiting articles and tagging

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: limiting articles and tagging
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 04:21:03 +0200

David Carlton <carlton@bactrian.org> writes:

> I'd like a way to mark certain articles in an nnmail group with a tag
> (e.g. articles I want to respond to, articles where I'm waiting for a
> specific response), and then to have a way to only see the matching
> articles in that group.  (I don't need an open-ended set of tags,
> though I wouldn't mind that; having three or four user-defined tags is
> all I really need.)
>
> I've been looking at the manual sections on "Marking Articles" and
> "Limiting", and it seems like a lot of the underlying functionality is
> in place, but I can't quite figure out a way to do exactly what I
> want; can somebody offer advice?

While not exactly what you want, I tend to use org-mode for this - I
simply "remember" the mails/posts I want to respond to and tag
them/schedule them accordingly in org files. Doing the work is then a
single key press away from my agenda/list of things to do (org-mode
stores a link to the gnus article).

If its simply a case of keeping an article visible for a short period I
just mark it with "!".