Re: killing threads

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: Re: killing threads
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:14:01 -0600

Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:
> Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>> Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:
>>
>>> I have a few really annoying posters in my kill file for a group I
>>> read. I choose not to use scoring, since from what I've understood of
>>> scoring I can't get the losers to just go away and not ever be visible,
>>
>> Yes you can!
>>>
>> (setq gnus-summary-expunge-below -999)
>>
>> Will mean that anyone with a score of less than -999 will not be visible
>> in the summary buffer
>
> Thanks. I'll revisit scoring and see if it can do what I want.

According to the manual for Gnus included with Emacs CVS, the "Followup"
score type matches "from" and kills followups to that user's post as
well.  Combining that with advanced scoring to make sure that the
References list is empty would probably get the job done.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.