Re: Incomingxxxxx files in Mail directory

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Incomingxxxxx files in Mail directory
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 08:26:28 +0530

On Thu, Jul 07 2011,Slackrat  wrote:

> angelv@iac.es a écrit profondement:
>
> | Hi,
>>
> | I'm slowly configuring Gnus to my taste (by the way, great software!!!),
> | but I still have some issues. One of them is regarding Incomingxxxx
> | files in my Mail directory. My setting involves calling fetchmail to get
> | mail from my IMAP server and drop it into my localhost spool
> | directory. Then Gnus takes that and populates the Mail directory with
> | all the mail (nnml back-end, in case it is relevant). All fine, but
> | loads of Incomingxxxx files are created in Mail directory (apparently
> | every time that I check the IMAP server and get new mail: more or less
> | every 15 minutes), which are apparentely not deleted. Is this normal?
> | Will they go away? Do I have to delete them?
>>

> They only persist for 24 hours
>
> Otherwise set up an hourly cronjob to zap them:
>
> rm /home/<yourlogin>/Mail/Incoming*

If you set it to the following in gnus.el, those incoming files will
be deleted in 1 day(you can change it to any number).  If you want to
delete it immediately, change the value to t.

;;if retrieving from spool, delete temp file after 1 days
(setq mail-source-delete-incoming 1)
(setq mail-source-delete-old-incoming-confirm nil)

mail-source-delete-incoming'
     If non-`nil', delete incoming files after handling them.  If `t',
     delete the files immediately, if `nil', never delete any files.
     If a positive number, delete files older than number of days (the
     deletion will only happen when receiving new mail).  You may also
     set `mail-source-delete-incoming' to `nil' and call
     `mail-source-delete-old-incoming' from a hook or interactively.
     `mail-source-delete-incoming' defaults to `10' in alpha Gnusae and
     `2' in released Gnusae.  *Note Gnus Development::.

See the section on Mail Source Customization in the Gnus manual.

 sivaram