Re: Showing old threads

From: Guilherme Gondim
Subject: Re: Showing old threads
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:51:42 +0200

Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:

>> And the third and worst behavior is that Gnus not only doesn't display
>> complete threads of new articles upon group entry, but A T in the group
>> has no effect.
>
> I observed the same problem many times, but being a gnus beginner, I
> just blamed it on my ignorance. Sometimes, A T works just fine, other
> times nothing happens.

I don't know if it help you, but I've been using this configuration for
my INBOX groups in nnimap:

    (setq gnus-parameters
          '(("^nnimap\\(+[a-z]*\\)?:INBOX"
             (display . 50))))        ; display a mix of N unread and read
messages

So my INBOX always show 50 messages, read or unread.

(It is good, since sometimes a read the e-mail and didn't take any
action. Mark as unread again just to me give a look in the e-mail again
is too annoying for me and I can forget sometimes.)

Maybe you can adapt it to let the Gnus "summary" working as you want.

Regards,

--
Guilherme Gondim (semente)