Re: image display with nnivirtual

From: gcooley463
Subject: Re: image display with nnivirtual
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 04:33:08 -0400

Hi Lars,

> gcooley463@Safe-mail.net writes:
>
> > I am using Gnus 5.13, the one bundled with emacs pretest (24.0.90).
> > I stumbled upon an interesting behaviour today. Whenever I read posts
> > via an nnvirtual-group, inline image display of html messages is
> > broken. The image is not displayed at all. Instead, there is a button,
> > and when clicking on it, the image url is opened via my
> > webbrowser. When reading the very same post directly via its real
> > group, image display is fine.
> > Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> Sounds like a bug.  But I can't imagine what would cause this
> behaviour.  The article rendering is quite independent of the article
> source, so it shouldn't really matter whether you're in a virtual group
> or not.
>
> Are you sure you have no local customisations that alter what rendering
> method's you're using?

Yes, I can reproduce it on a vanilla build of emace pretest (24.0.91) on
GNU/Linux

How to reproduce:

emacs -q
eval in scratch buffer: (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.org"))
M-x gnus RET
^ # open server buffer
RET # open groups of news.gmane.org
C-s dilbert RET
u # subscribe to gwene.com.dilbert
q # quit server buffer
G V test RET # new virtual group
# move point to gwene.com.dilbert
G v test RET # add dilbert group to virtual group

Now browse the posts inside the virtual group. There are no images. When
browsing gwene.com.dilbert, there are images :D

Thank you