Re: Browsing to original article in gwene?

From: William Gardella
Subject: Re: Browsing to original article in gwene?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 00:25:26 -0400

Hello Haider,

Haider Rizvi <harizvi@gmail.com> writes:

> I am starting to use gwene using gnus. I am looking for a simple key
> binding (like the <ret> key) that will let me open the original
> article in a browser. The url is there in the Archived-at
> header.
>
> Looked around the web to see if it was discussed somewhere but didn't
> find any relevant discussions.
>
> For the nnrss groups, I have the browse-nnrss-url defined as per the
> manual, and bound to <ret> key. Something similar (or may be <ret>
> in this context) can be used?

I don't think there's anything set up by default, but it wouldn't be
hard to record a macro to do this.

>From a Gwene summary buffer, the sequence would be:

C-u g           (to open the raw article)
s ived-a RET    (to isearch to the Archived-At: header line and leave
                point there)
M-x browse-url

It would also be pretty trivial as a proper Lisp function.

Hope that helped!
WGG