info-sather

Re: memory corruption bug?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: memory corruption bug?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:24:22 +0100

Have you tried to fiddly around with compiler options? The sacomp optimization
engine is somewhat buggy, so whenever you want to debug your code, you should
switch optimization off first and see whether the problem might dissolve by
itself.

Also, once you've located the problem in the Sather source code, you might want
to take a look at the produced ANSI-C code. It is not very readable, but
commands are translated rather straightforward, so you should be able to
identify the lines created by that offending command.

Another hint: gcc2.95.2 has a bug in the optimization code as well. Do not use
-O2 on sather code. That bug seems fixed for 2.95.3 but I do not know about
2.96

Ciao,
Nobbi

--