info-sather

Re: Problems building Sather 1.2.1 under cygwin

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: Problems building Sather 1.2.1 under cygwin
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:15:29 +0100

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:11:47AM -0600, Matthew W. Markland wrote:
> While trying to build Sather 1.2.1 in the cygwin environment, I'm
> running into problems with what appears to be missing library files.
>
> Creating C for installation compiler...
> Boot/sacomp.exe -verbose -O_fast -O_no_move_while ...
> Initializing... (0 seconds)
> Parsing non-library files... (3 seconds)
> Finding types and parsing library...
> at unknown location: couldn't read file:
> /cygdrive/c/sather-1.2.1/Library/Containers/a_stack.sa
> (2 seconds)make: *** [compiler] Error 2
>
> The only stack file in ./Library/Containers is stack_test.sa.
>
> Did I get a corrupted tar file?

Probably not - the file a_stack.sa is created by the "preprocessor". That PP
does not do much: it just takes the original from pLibrary/... and shifts
around a few comments to remove parallel code. You should not have to worry
about the internals, though.

The missing files should usually be created in the build-process. I have no
idea why they weren't for you. Best do a "make library" and check whether it
works correctly. If you need more help then, try to give more details about
what happend in the lines before the above.

Ciao,
Nobbi

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!