iruka-devel

Re: [Iruka-devel] idle

From: Erwan Loisant
Subject: Re: [Iruka-devel] idle
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:33:22 +0900

Petr Klyushkin wrote:
 Erwan> What do you think about releasing a first alpha public version
 Erwan> in near days ? We still lack the services management, but
 Erwan> Iruka is usable.

If so, we should concentrate on packaging: creating windows package
(McMillan installer?), creating RPM package, polishing setup.py script
and so on.

Yep.

 Erwan> Could you add a "hide offline contacts" in the right button
 Erwan> menu ?

Ok.

 Erwan> About the add contact window, we have two possibilies:
[...]

Yep, network choice box in "add contact" dialog should only should
contacts we're registered to.  If this isn't precisely what you meant,
could you explain it a bit more detail?  I feel I didn't understand it
completely.

Ok, I'll try to make it simple:
- either we just consider that a transport is a transport. This is more "jabber-philosophy".
*or*
- we propose to user to register to ICQ, MSN, etc. in our dialog boxes. Not so flexible but more user friendly.

--
Erwan Loisant
Ph.D. student (University of Nantes)