iruka-devel

[Iruka-devel] idle

From: Erwan Loisant
Subject: [Iruka-devel] idle
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:28:24 CEST

Hello Petr !

I've seen your good work to correct the deconnection/reconnection problem.

I implemented the auto-idle function. I still have to add the time variables in
Preferences (now it is hard-coded 10 min for away and 20 min for xa) and a
biggest problem, the "back online" is detected only inside Iruka window. I have
to find how to get a system-wide mouse mouvement.

What do you think about releasing a first alpha public version in near days ?
We still lack the services management, but Iruka is usable.

There are two points that should be nice to fix/implement soon:
- System-wide mouse detection (I'm working on it)
- Could you add a "hide offline contacts" in the right button menu ?

About the add contact window, we have two possibilies:
- The end-user-friendly approach: in config the user may have one icq
transport, one msn transport, etc. The combo will show only the service which
user is registered to. Advantage: it would work like Trillian, easier for
newbies. Pb: we could have problem when user retrieve a strange roster from
server (constructed in a different way)
- The power-user-friendly approach: we treat transports in a general way, and
combo is a list of the transports. Advantage: more flexible.

I'd rather use the first one, but treating the roster created with an other
client would be an issue.

--
Erwan Loisant
Univ. Nantes (Ph.D. student)