jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] What is the best solution for apps that require root to

From: Christoph Ehret
Subject: [Jailkit-users] What is the best solution for apps that require root to run ?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:59:35 +0100

Hi there,

I just created a jailed user who should only run a single command, but
this command need root access to run succesfully. I actually want to run
the host based IDS AIDE with that chrooted user; every day, it has to
copy the binary aide and its DB to the target and run the check. These
two files will be transfered via ssh to the home of the jailed user.
Now my question... As aide has to run with root privilegies, what is the
best choice I can do : make aide a suid app or is it possible to use
sudo in a jailed environment and I could add the jailed user to sudoers
so that it can execute aide ?

I hope my question is more or less clear.

Thanks for your answers.

Chris