jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Shared home directories inside of jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Shared home directories inside of jail
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:36:57 +0200

Andrey Fedorov wrote:
Dear all,

I'm trying to set up a shared home directory inside of a sftp-only jail so that multiple users can log in and share files, but do nothing else. I seem to be running into trouble, because jk_chrootsh requires that the home directory of a user is owned by that user.

the reason for this check is that no other user can write things in a users home directory (because it contains files like .bashrc or .procmailrc that are automatically executed for that user, or the .ssh directory that contains authorization information for that user).

if all users are equally trusted this check could be removed. However, you could also give these users the same user/passwd.. (that is essentially the same)

regards,
        Olivier